Třída Tomáše Bati (Tomáš Baťa Avenue)

Trail Odonymist
Code Z13
Address třída Tomáše Bati, Zlín
Public transport Public transport: Cihelna (TROL 1, 2, 6, 10; BUS 53, 70) Šrámkova (TROL 1, 2, 6, 10; BUS 53, 70) Louky, průmysl. zóna (TROL 1, 2, 6, 10; BUS 53, 70) Louky, křiž. (TROL 1, 2, 3, 6, 10; BUS 70) Louky, Růžová (TROL 1, 2, 3, 6, 10) Podhoří sídliště (TROL 1, 2, 3, 6, 10; BUS 53, 70) Prštné (TROL 1, 2, 3, 6, 10; BUS 53, 70) Zahradnická (TROL 1, 2, 3, 6, 10; BUS 70) Poliklinika (TROL 1, 2, 3, 6, 10, 11; BUS 35, 36, 38, 53, 70)) Náměstí Práce (TROL 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14; BUS 32, 35, 36, 38, 53, 70, 90) Náměstí Míru (TROL 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13; BUS 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 53, 70, 90) Divadlo (BUS 31, 70) Bří. Jaroňků (BUS 31, 70) Morýsovy domy (BUS 31, 70) Věžové domy (BUS 31, 70)
GPS 49.2213872N, 17.6511906E

Třída Tomáše Bati (Tomáš Baťa Avenue) is the busiest road in the city. It passes through it in a west-east direction, symbolically recalling the city's new orientation to the west, towards the Morava River, the thoroughfares that run along it, and the newly established first Zlín satellite, the town of Baťov, which the city acquired thanks to Tomáš Baťa (1876–1932). The road has borne the name of the initiator of the development of modern Zlín and tragically deceased "boss" since 1934. Seen from the east, a pair of chimneys looming above the avenue named after Tomáš Baťa confirms the image of Zlín - the industrial city it was in the 20th century. A walk along this street is a journey through the city's building history. Here, however, we focus on its role in the body of the city.
What appears as a logical path of this busy street and key thoroughfare evolved gradually, and its individual sections have had different names in recent decades. Today, the section from the Malenovická brickyard to the intersection with Díly VI and Podvesná XVII streets (leading to the Zlín-Otrokovice Transport Company headquarters and the Tomáš Baťa Hospital) is referred to as třída Tomáše Bati. 
The street was named after Tomáš Baťa until 1945 and returned to this name in 1990. In the meantime, it was called Stalinova (1945–1962) and later Revoluční (1962–1990); its western section was called Benešova (1945–1951) and Úderníků (1951–1990). This street gradually grew into a symbol, the shop window of modern "Baťa Zlín". The "Zadní Díly" district was established in the eastern part of the town in the 1930s, and this section of třída Tomáše Bati was called Vizovická street (1931–1934). It was a new street laid out in gardens and fields, which runs parallel to the northern Kvítkovská continuing as a traditional road further east to Vizovice.

The older neighbourhood was crossed by Otrubná Street (formerly Potrubná, according to a wooden pipe through which water was led from the Kudlovský brook to the chateau and brewery /1887–1925 /, mentioned as early as 1558, in 1925–1934 called Komenského). The small townhouses were demolished in 1932–1947, with one exception, and třída Tomáše Bati thus passes through the south side of náměstí Míru. In the area of ​​today's Komenského Park, the street ran along the castle garden and in the years 1887–1934 it was called Zahradní. The road connecting Zlín with Malenovice, Otrokovice, and an important administrative centre for Zlín in Napajedla changed its trajectory during the 19th and especially in the 20th century. In today's route, it stabilised only after náměstí Práce and Gahurova street acquired their current form. Due to the growth of ​​Baťa's plants, it was transferred south three times in the 1920s and 1930s. The irregular space of náměstí Práce Square results not only from the expanding factory complex, the growth of which was dictated mainly by the pragmatic needs of the Baťa company, but also by the railway siding to the brickyard located in the place of today's swimming pool (until 1932). At the end of the 1930s, the "skyscraper" (factory building no. 21) became a symbol of Zlín, but for thousands of people such a symbol could have been the gatehouse, which they went through every day as factory employees (LINK TO PASSWORD HERE / object / 152-entrance-to-factory). The underpass under the newly raised třída Tomáše Bati (1978) opened on May 2, 1979; It underwent renovation in 2014. The settlement, which originated south of the factory complex at the end of the First World War, was given the name Včelín (1919). The adjoining section of the street, from which the residential area of ​​typical Baťa houses called Letná began to grow on the slopes of Tlustá hora in the 1920s, was referred to as Stará Letná in 1919–1924 and later as Malenovská Street (1925–1934).